We welcome all students attending accredited colleges to form a team and apply for the Harvard ATVenture Competition. However, proposals must incorporate social entrepreneurial efforts in China.
Each team must consist of at least one but at most three team members. Teams of more than 3 will be disqualified.
**Note: If you are interested in the ATVenture program and have made your team, please submit this Interest Form so that we know you may be participating. Even if you decide not to participate in the end, we would still like to gauge interest prior to the submission deadline.
Application Deadline: February 1, 2013 10:59 am EST (February 1, 2013 11:59 pm CT)
Step 1: Proposal Application
- Each team must send electronic copies of each member’s application form and team business proposal to email@example.com in one email by February 1, 2013.
- The personal resume of each applicant should not exceed two pages
- Note: If your team’s proposal is selected as a finalist at Harvard, each team member is asked to submit $400 USD as the program registration fee. Financial aid may be given upon request.
- Business Proposal Guidelines
- Please adhere to the business proposal form guidelines or your application will not be considered
- Only one business proposal is needed from each team
- Document must be submitted in word and PDF format
- The entire business proposal should not exceed 20 pages (excluding the team cover page), with all the graphs, charts, and tables included
- It should be typed, single-spaced, with Times New Roman 12 point font, and 1-1-1-1 inch margins on 8.5 x 11 inch paper (US Letter)
- The file name of the business proposal should be saved under the following format: “ATVenture2013_[team's name]“ without the brackets
Step 2: Application Selection and Refining Business Proposals
- We will select and invite 15-20 teams of finalists to participate in the Harvard conference. All admission decision will be released on February 8, 2013.
- For the selected teams, we will provide feedback regarding how proposals can be improved for the purpose of final presentation at Harvard. The feedback will be sent out the February 8, 2013.
Step 3: Registration Confirmation
- Applicants are required to register within 5 days of receiving their admissions decision to secure their spot at the Harvard Competition.
- Payment: Upon registration, each team member is required to pay $400 USD as a program fee for entering the competition. This fee will cover the conference workshop materials as well as select meals, activities, and ceremonies involved in the competition. Each team member is responsible for funding his or her own transportation to and from the Harvard campus.
- Housing: In order to significantly reduce housing cost for the selected teams, we will provide complementary Harvard dorm housing during the competition. You will be able to interact with Harvard students and experience Harvard student life on campus.
- Visa: Upon completing the registration, visa support letters will be provided to each candidate for their visa application process into the United States. Each team member is responsible for funding his or her own visa applications.
- Due to the time needed for processing visas and planning your itinerary to Harvard, we strongly suggest applicants to apply early to receive an earlier decision.
Step 5: Submitting One-page Summary and PowerPoint Presentation
- While incorporating the feedback, please come up with a one-page summary for the project and PowerPoint presentation due February 22, 2013
- One-page summary
- Should be a succinct but comprehensive overview of the proposal (idea, goal, impact, feasibility, etc…)
- Summaries should be 10-point font and should not exceed one page in length
- PowerPoint Presentation
- Should be limited to about 10 minutes in length
- One-page summary
Step 6: Final Touches
- After PowerPoint presentation is submitted, there will be one final round of brief feedback that applicants will receive by March 1, 2013.
Step 7: ATVenture Conference
- Please continue working on your presentation and proposal, incorporating what you learned at Harvard ATVenture. You will have a chance to present in front of a panel of experts on the night of March 31, 2013.